Bios Urn is a biodegradable urn, designed to turn the ashes of a person or pet into a tree. Thanks to its design and manufacture, the urn provides proper germination and later growth of the tree, based on a person or pet’s ashes. In this way, death becomes a transformation and return to life by means of nature.Who created it?
Bios Urn was an idea from designer Gerard Moliné, introduced in the year 1997. Later on, in the year 2002, Bios Urn won the ADI FAD medal, and in the year 2005, it was a Top Nominee for the INDEX Award and Premio Expohogar Regalo (Exhihome Gift Award). After several years, and with Roger Moliné joining the team, Bios Urn became a start-up company with the aim of changing the way people understands life.Who is behind the project?
Bios Urn is a project by estudimoline, a design study located in Barcelona, Catalonia. We have more than 15 years of experience constructing products, brands and experiences with this project.
Currently, we are an independent team of professionals working on Bios Urn. Get to know the Bios Urn team.
You can get to know our work, projects, designs, exhibitions and much more on the page www.estudimoline.comWhat is the purpose of Bios Urn?
The intent of Bios Urn is to offer individuals an alternative for remembering deceased persons and pets in a natural, sustainable fashion, thereby turning the process of death into regeneration and a return to life through nature.Our company objective is none other than to offer a economic, ecological and sustainable product that falls in line with our own philosophy.Why use Bios Urn?
It is innovative. It demonstrates the possibilities for invention have by no means been exhausted. Creativity can provide real solutions to current problems.
It is useful. Thanks to its creative process, Bios Urn becomes something necessary to achieve proper growth from ashes.
It is aesthetic. It is a simple, kind object, designed for our well-being.I t is understandable. Its shape describes its function.
It is self-explanatory.
It is discrete. Bios Urn leaves no trace of identification that it has been used. It completely biodegradable.
It is honest. It is a product with a very specific role that does not intend to be more innovative or valuable than it truly is.
It is long-lasting and independent. Thanks to its manufacturing process, Bios Urn does not “expire”, and as such, its use is not bound by any specific period, epoch or place.
Its design is democratic. Its price is reasonable and allows for total compatibility in logistics processes and commercial distribution.
It is sustainable. Both the product and its function imply an environmental, social and economic improvement for a growing problem, overpopulation and metropolis growth.
It is simple. Less, can be better.
How to plant Bios Urn?
The Bios Urn is really simple to use. The urn is divided into two separate capsules: the upper capsule is a sealed unit to ensure the good condition of the premium grow medium; and the lower capsule is where you will store the ashes. You, or the crematorium just need to fill the lower cone of the urn with the remains. Then close it with the top capsule.
Before you bury the urn, select a suitable seedling from your local garden centre This provides you with the opportunity to make a more personal selection, and have a plant type that is both suitable and pre-hardened to your location. Keeping both sections of the urn together, remove the tear-away paper seal from the top capsule. Empty the bag of grow medium into the top capsule, and add some soil from the burial site to it, mixing them together. Loosen the seedling roots gently and plant the seedling into the capsule. The entire urn can now be buried into a suitably dug hole. Bury the urn approx 3-5 cm under the surface so the entire urn can bio-degrade. It is now ready to water in and take care of.
Simply plant your urn where you want your tree to grow and take care of it. Always plant all of the urn, which is 100% biodegradable and won’t damage the soil. You can plant your Bios Urn using a seed or a young sprout. The Bios Urn should be planted about 3-5 cm from the soil surface. Once planted, make sure the seed has the appropriate water and humidity levels.
Does the Bios Urn consist of any materials that should not be buried in the soil?
No, the Bios Urn is 100% biodegradable, and made with no chemicals, preservatives, or additives.Is it legal to bury the Urn anywhere?
Please check with local authorities, but typically the urn can be planted wherever it is legal to plant a tree, including your backyard. We generally recommend natural environments, like gardens, backyards, or forests.Are there burial sites/cemeteries offering this option?
You would need to investigate this for yourself.
The urn does not necessarily need to be in a burial site or cemetery. Many have made arrangements with divisions of parks and forests to have trees planted along trails or in parks where trees are protected. This really depends on your municipal, state or provincial government.Are traditional cemeteries willing to bury this type of urn?
More traditional cemeteries are offering it as an option, however you need inquire with the cemetery that you want to use.What care does Bios Urn require?
Bios Urn requires much the same care as a normal tree: water, sunlight and good temperature. As such, in order to ensure proper growth, a site with proper soil humidity, an appropriate temperature and few hours of sunlight must be selected.
If the process requires too much care on the part of the user, a good option is to use a sprout or seedling in place of a seed during the planting process.Can I use Bios Urn with old ash?
Bios Urn can be used with ash saved from another urn. As such, if you already have the ash in your house, you may purchase the urn and transfer the ashes into it. You can also bring the Bios Urn to a crematorium or funeral home so they can handle the transfer of ash.Can I use only a small amount of ash?
Yes, the Bios Urn works with any amount of ash. You can use all of the ash, or just a small portion. Everything will eventually biodegrade and become part of the subsoil.Does it have expiration date?
Bios Urn does not have an expiration date.
Thanks to the materials used to create the Bios Urn, you can keep the urn indefinitely. To favour its preservation, we recommend keeping the product in a dry place away from extreme heat. If you don’t plan on using your urn anytime soon, we recommend getting a Bios Urn without seed. You can add your preferred seed at the moment of planting.Which is the capacity of the Bios Urn
The Bios Urn has been designed to hold all the ashes that result from the process of cremation. The capacity of the urn is 5.8lbs, or 2.5 Liters. Nonetheless, it can be used with a smaller amount just in case a symbolic portion is being saved.What is the size of the urn?
The box size is 16x16x32 cm. and weight 0,85 Kg.Do you have a version available for pets?
Yes. Currently, the Bios Urn is manufactured for both people and for pets. It is essentially the same product and universal, in the sense that it has the same shape, colour and price. The only difference is packaging and labelling, to aid in identifying the product.What is the difference between the Bios Urn for humans and for pets?
Bios Urn for humans and for pets is the same product. BiosUrn is universal, in the sense that it has the same shape, the same colour and the same price. The only difference is packaging and labelling, to aid in identifying the product.Can I use a seedling instead of a seed?
Yes, we recommend this in Australia.Can I plant a flower, a plant, or a bush instead of a tree?
Absolutely, the choice is yours.Can I use a pot to grow the seed?
Yes, you can plant the urn in a pot with enough capacity to bury the urn and then transplant it to its final location. Therefore, we have created the Bios Incube, the first system that lets you plant your Bios Urn close to you, and combines the insights of tree growth with data from its environment. Depending on the type of tree, the Bios Incube will water it accordingly. You can get more information on our website: Urnabios.com
What is the price of the Bios Urn?
For Australian customers The Bios Urn costs $159 with free shipping. N.Z. customers $159 plus a shipping cost of $25.00.May I be Bios Urn distributor?
If you are wholesaler, a shop or offer related services, and you wish to offer Bios Urn, email email@example.com.How can I pay in the online shop?
We accept bank account transfer, direct deposit, paypal or via cheque.SHIPPING & HANDLING
What shipping methods are there?
We have free Australia wide shipping and N.Z is $25.00.
You can get more information on prices and delivery timeframes in the website’s shipping section.How long does shipping take?
Shipping generally takes between 5-7 business days. Some shipments may take longer to your destination if there are delays in customs which are out of our control. We offer standard shipping (expedited service is not available at this time.)How far do you send the Bios Urn?
To infinity and beyond! No, really. We ship everywhere worldwide. Shipping costs are calculated according to the amount of units purchsed and the destination.
Bios Urn is a registered trademark and is protected by international commerce laws. Any use of the trademark Bios Urn must be approved by the respective owner Estudi Moline Disseny, SL.Patent
Bios Urn is patented world-wide and is protected by intellectual property laws. Any use of the trademark Bios Urn must be approved by the respective owner Estudi Moline Disseny, SL.LEGAL
Is it legal to use Bios Urn for humans?
Bios Urn for people (and pets) is completely legal. Since it is a unique, novel product, sometimes there are doubts as to whether or not the ashes of a cremated individual may be planted.
There are countries that regulate the use of cremation ashes. In some cases, they offer services and permits so that people can scatter ashes in gardens, forests or the sea.
Any individual has the right to use the ashes of a loved one to grow a tree that reminds us of our loved one.Is there some place to plant the Bios Urn?
For the time being, there’s a growing number of cemeteries that offer the possibility of planting Bios Urns in their spaces. In turn, they must take care of the tree once it is planted. In so far as planting the urn with a seed is concerned, we do not know any place prepared to this end. Bios Urn is active planning and developing the proper service for that purpose.
In any case, you can ask your city hall or city centre to find out more information on this service.
Through this website personal data necessary for the management and maintenance of some of our services is collected. Such data are included in our files, which are conveniently listed in the Register of the Data Protection Agency.
Notwithstanding the purposes that in each case are indicated, such information will be stored and managed with appropriate confidentiality, applying computer security measures established in the applicable legislation to prevent access or misuse of their data handling, deterioration or loss.
At any time you can. Exercise their rights of access, rectification or cancellation in relation to such data by directing a request to the address of the owner of the files. You can find forms for the exercise of their rights in the website data.1 Protection Agency.
1. IDENTIFYING DATA: In compliance with the reporting obligations contained in Article 10 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, Services Information Society and Electronic Commerce, then reflects the following data: the company web domain holder is Estudi Moline Disseny SL (Hereinafter estudimoline), established for this purpose in Street C / Major 28, main CIF number: B 25673831 registered in the Commercial Register of Madrid in volume overall, Section A, Registration Book Companies.
2. USERS: Access and / or use of this portal Estudi Moline Disseny SL He attributes the condition of USER, who accepts, from such access and / or use, the General Conditions of Use listed here. The above conditions apply regardless of the General Terms and Conditions in their case be enforceable.
3. USE OF THE PORTAL: www.urnabios.com provides access to multiple informations, services, programs or data (hereinafter “content”) on the Internet belonging to Estudi Moline Disseny SL or its licensors to which the user can access. The user assumes responsibility for the use of the site. This responsibility extends to the record necessary to access certain services or content. The record the USER will be responsible for providing true and lawful information. Following this registration, the USER can provide a password to be responsible, pledging to make a diligent and confidential use of it. The user undertakes to make appropriate use of content and services (such as chat services, discussion forums or newsgroups) that Estudi Moline Disseny SL It offers through its website and by way of example but not limited to, refraining from (i) engaging in illegal activities, illegal or contrary to good faith and public order; (Ii) spread contents or propaganda of racist, xenophobic, pornographic, illegal, apology of terrorism or against human rights; (Iii) causing damage to physical and logical systems Estudi Moline Disseny SL , Its suppliers or third parties, introducing or spreading computer viruses or any other hardware or software capable of causing the aforementioned damage; (Iv) attempting to access and, where appropriate, use the email accounts of other users and modify or manipulate their messages. Disseny Estudi Moline S.L. reserves the right to remove any comments and contributions that violate the respect for human dignity, which are discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, pornographic, which go against youth or childhood, order or public safety or, in his opinion, are not suitable for publication. In any case, Moline Disseny Estudi S.L. is not responsible for the opinions expressed by users through forums, chats, or other participation tools.
4. DATA PROTECTION: Estudi Moline Disseny SL complies with the guidelines of the Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13 Protection of Personal Data, Royal Decree 1720/2007 of 21 December approving the Regulations implementing the Organic Act and other applicable regulations approved at all times, and seeks to ensure proper use and handling of personal user data. To do this, along with every form of gathering personal data, services you may ask Estudi Moline Disseny SL, will inform the user of the existence and acceptance of the conditions of the processing of their data in each case informing him of the responsibility of the created file, the address of the possibility to exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition, the purpose of processing and data communications to third parties where appropriate. Also Disseny Estudi Moline S.L. informs that complies with Law 34/2002 of July 11, Services Information Society and Electronic Commerce and asked to consent to the processing of their commercial email at all times.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Estudi Moline Disseny SL by itself or as an assignee, it owns all rights to intellectual property of ￼su website as well as the elements contained therein (not limited to, images, sound, audio, video, software and text, brands or logos, color combinations, structure and design, selection of materials, computer programs necessary for its operation, access and use, etc.), owned by Estudi Moline Disseny SL or its licensors. All rights reserved. Under the provisions of Articles 8 and 32.1, second paragraph, of the Copyright Act are expressly prohibited reproduction, distribution and public communication, including any means of making available all or part of the content on this site for commercial purposes, in any form or by any technical means, without the authorization of Estudi Moline Disseny SL The user undertakes to respect the rights of intellectual property owned by Estudi Moline Disseny SL You can view the elements of the website and even print, copy and store them on the hard drive of your computer or any other hardware provided is solely and exclusively, support for personal and private use. The user must not remove, alter, or manipulate any protection device or security system that was installed in the pages of Estudi Moline Disseny SL
6. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY: Estudi Moline Disseny SL is not liable under any circumstances for damages of any kind which may cause but not limited to errors or omissions in the content, lack of availability of the portal or transmission of viruses or malicious or harmful programs in the contents despite having taken all the necessary technological measures to prevent it.
7. MODIFICATIONS: Name of the creator of the website reserves the right to make unannounced changes it deems appropriate in its website, may change, delete or add content and services provided through the same as the way in which they are presented or located on its website.
8. LINKS: In the event that the domain name links or hyperlinks to other Internet sites, Estudi Moline Disseny SL not exercise any control over such sites and content. In any case Disseny Estudi Moline S.L. assume any responsibility for the contents of any link belonging to another website, nor guarantee the technical availability, quality, reliability, accuracy, comprehensiveness, accuracy, validity or constitutionality of any material or information contained in any such links or other sites Internet. Also the inclusion of these external connections will not imply any association, merger or partnership with the entities connected.
10.GENERALIDADES: Disseny Estudi Moline S.L. will pursue the breach of these conditions and any misuse of its website, exercising all civil and criminal actions that can by law.
11.MODIFICATION OF THESE CONDITIONS AND DURATION: Estudi Moline Disseny SL you can modify at any time the conditions specified here, duly publicized herein. The validity of these conditions shall be according to their exposure and are valid until they are modified by other duly published.
12.LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION: The relationship between Estudi Moline Disseny SL and the USER shall be governed by Spanish legislation and any dispute shall be submitted to the Courts of the city of Madrid.
Stock of Bios Urn is held ready for dispatch in our Australian warehouse. Business hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Please phone our office if your delivery is urgent on 0431 385 056 and we will do our best to help you.International Shipping
Please note that in case your package is going to any other country it may be subject to the customs fees and import duties. These charges and all associated shipping charges will be the recipient’s responsibility.
IMPORTANT: According to our company policy, all will be managed only by the Distributors/Retailers/Wholesalers appointed in that Area.
Please note that the shipping options currently available to us, we cannot guarantee the integrity of our products would not be compromised or damaged during shipping. As such, please understand you are willing to solely bear these risks if you request us to ship anyway. If you understood these conditions and chose to proceed to buy our products, it will be taken that you accepted the consequences of the conditions.
There shall not be any return policy applied to international shipping.
We are currently looking for Wholesalers and Retailers within the state of Victoria. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
With hands of genuine passion put into every urn we produce, we take pride to bring you a quality product. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, we would like to know. Please email email@example.comReturn Policy
Should you wish to return your order, please notify us within 2 days of receipt of products with a valid reason for return. Except in relation to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods, all products purchased on the website may not be returned for a refund or exchange.
With hands of genuine passion put into every urn we produce, we take pride to bring you a best quality product to enjoy. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, we will like to know. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bios Urn reserves the right to limit or deny returns.